Senior Associate Scientist
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Senior Associate ScientistLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of the Department of Inflammation and Oncology at Amgen in South San Francisco performing research studies aimed at elucidating mechanisms of immune regulation and tolerance in order to develop novel immunomodulatory therapies for the treatment of autoimmunity. You will perform independent research to study the regulation and function of leucocyte subsets in autoimmunity. Particularly, we are interested in exploring human genetic database and identifying novel therapeutic pathways.
You will be an integral member of a dynamic research team, collaborating with research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, and working closely with groups in other functional areas including Inflammation, Therapeutic Discovery, and Medical Sciences.
Expectations are to make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of the department, present their results in both internal and external forums, and participate in the writing of manuscripts for publication. Specific responsibilities include planning and performing laboratory experiments, analyzing data, and communicating results.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Scientific professional we seek is an ambitious researcher with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree OR
Masters degree and 4 years of scientific experience OR
Bachelors degree and 6 years of scientific experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D or MD, with postdoctoral trainings and research experience in the field of immunology, autoimmune diseases, molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Candidates with experience in human autoimmune diseases and capabilities to perform studies in preclinical animal models are preferred.
- The candidates need to demonstrate track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Candidates also need to have strong verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.