Scientist, Cardiometabolic Disorders Biomarker Discovery
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Scientist, Biomarker Discovery Cardiometabolic disordersLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Amgen Cardiometabolic Disorders Therapeutic Area is looking for a Scientist dedicated to biomarker discovery in the areas of cardiovascular disease, heart failure or NASH. In this vital role you will work cross-functionally and interact closely with both the clinical biomarker and discovery research groups.
The position will focus on the discovery of biomarkers to support the progression of therapeutic candidates from discovery to early clinical development. The role is responsible for:
- Developing deep disease area expertise for key indications in the therapeutic areas strategy
- Discovery and prioritization of disease stratification and target engagement biomarker candidates relevant to the pipeline
- Developing, implementing, and executing a therapeutic biomarker discovery strategy across several programs
- Generating and transitioning key pharmacodynamic and patient stratification/selection biomarker discovery data in support of clinical biomarker assay and companion diagnostic test development
- Supporting translational biomarker activities for therapeutic assets including investigator meetings/ad boards and investigator sponsored studies for correlative biomarker research together with the Clinical Biomarker lead
The role is expected to work in a highly matrixed environment to drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of the Cardiometabolic Disorders group, as well as with other functions including the Clinical Biomarker & Diagnostics Team, Translational Medicine, Therapeutic Discovery, Human Genetics and Computational Biology.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 4 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral training and research experience in the fields of cell and molecular biology or biochemistry
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in the areas of cell and molecular biology and biochemistry as demonstrated by multiple high impact publications
- Demonstrated experience in leading independent research and/or drug development
- Experience with implementing multiple technology platforms
- Experience with computational biology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate and troubleshoot to solve problems
- Experience working in teams and consistently delivering results
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.