Head of Manufacturing Site Information and Technology Systems
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Head of Manufacturing Site Information and Technology Systems
The final location of this role is yet to be determined candidates must be open to relocating within Continental USLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead our new manufacturing facility, incorporating the latest digital advancements in alignment with Industry 4.0/ Smart Manufacturing principles. This person will have single point of accountability for deployment of all information and technology capabilities at the site including manufacturing, quality, process development and supply chain information systems, infrastructure and end-use services. This leader will have direct reporting responsibility for the multidisciplinary IS team at site providing end to end information and technology capability.
This individual will be responsible for the initial deployment and eventual planning, building and maintenance of Information Technology / Operations Technology (IT/OT) systems, setting the Operations Digital Technology strategy and functional architecture, and serve as the Technical Authority for Operations Technology. This person will also be responsible for providing and advancing IT/OT platform-specific implementation practices and standards on systems architecture, software libraries, and system lifecycle management in alignment with Operations IS Digital strategy and Industry 4.0 technology principles at the Site.
This person will report to the Head of Manufacturing and Engineering IS and will have dotted line responsibility to the Site Head. This role will be part of OIS leadership team and Site leadership team.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the leader of the Information Systems Department, a multi-discipline group that plans, implements and supports computer application solutions for the operations function at the site.
- Integrate Site's quality and compliance management practices with the enterprise-wide computing system
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of strategies for coordination of site installations of Amgen's corporate managed computing systems. Create collaborative relationships with corporate and remote site IS groups to harmonize practices and support
- Hire, mentor, develop, lead, and deploy hardworking information systems professionals who will work closely with personnel to create innovative and effective information solutions for Site functional areas
- Serve as a resource to other functional areas in the appropriate and innovative use and management of information technology
- Develop and implement an overall information systems strategic plan, leveraging on the corporate strategy for the Operations function
- Work with groups such as production management, Quality Assurance management, Executive management and various support organizations to identify critical business issues and then develop an operations information system plan to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Promote the development of forums across departments for training on system utilization and information exchange
- Collaborate with the various IS organizations in Amgen which are essential to the effective use of technology. These organizations include Operations IS, GBS IS, International Sites, and others as appropriate
- Foster a culture of agile innovation by directly overseeing the execution of proof of concepts, pilots, and projects based on cutting edge technology to help OIS and Operations be best in class
- Nurture partnerships with leading big data and analytics companies to identify, assess, and recommend technology solutions in this space
- Refine, own and execute the technology strategy and roadmap for the Site in alignment with the key Operations drivers of reliability, efficiency, agility and differentiation define the path forward needed to support the companys ongoing operations and growth plans and leverage technology and data to differentiate Amgen Operations from its competitors
- Monitor external technology changes and be a source of continuous innovation, facilitating speed to and in market and competitive advantage. Use technology to drive innovation in the business
- Define and execute forward-looking plans to develop and deploy relevant new technology; and work to ensure smooth adoption of those technologies and deliver of efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate the companys technology strategy to the site executive team, top management and staff
- Relentlessly focus on talent development of the next generation of biopharma professionals including mentoring process automation engineers, data analysts, modelers and developers of machine learning algorithms
- Understand current best practices and emerging technologies in software applications (mobile, SaaS) security, validated/ cGMP compliant systems, infrastructure, cloud, data, advanced analytics, simulation & modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The highly motivated and strategic Information Systems professional we seek is an innovator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 6 years of Information System experienceOr
Masters degree and 10 years of Information System experience
Bachelor's degree and 12 years of Information System experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resourcesPreferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of Information System experience
- Expertise in Automation, Data Integrity, Network Security Systems (implementation, network solutions, regulatory trends) and experience dealing with regulatory agencies
- Computer Science or Information System educational background
- Biopharma and/or Pharmaceutical experience
- Technical depth across Information and Operations Technology (IT/OT)
- Capability to lead teams that are accountable for process automation, manufacturing execution, building management, laboratory instruments, lab information management, quality management, maintenance management, regulated document management, enterprise resource planning, product lifecycle management, data collection, aggregation, analytics, visualizations and intelligent algorithm development to monitor, control and predict outcomes from raw material suppliers to end customers
- Ability to communicate Operations aspirations for leveraging data and advanced analytics into the reality of detailed actions in the laboratory, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, engineering, and IS organizations
- Experienced in the delivery of projects using Agile/Scrum Methodology and ability to translate business requirements into Product Backlog for delivery
- An innovator that is comfortable in pursuing the latest technologies and assessing capabilities of existing and emerging technologies for their application to the Site Operations environment (advanced data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, Internet of things (IoT), modelling and simulation, Virtual and Augmented reality, advanced visions system etc. in coordination with corporate counterparts
- Direct working experience with enterprise systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Documentum, Maximo, WERUM, Workday)
- Knowledge of system solutions in the following functional areas in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization: logistics, transportation, warehousing, inventory control, procurement and purchasing, accounts payable/accounting, process automation and manufacturing execution systems
- Experience resolving issues, designing strategies and implementing solutions as they pertain to global, multi system environments
- Knowledge of state of the art solutions for Internet commerce and web browser transaction processing within an organization
- Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and wireless communication technologies
- Experience at developing system migration and evolution strategies and turning the strategies into plans which are implemented
- Demonstration of effective coordination of business process and system issues across multiple departments and multiple functions
- Adaptability, teamwork and decisiveness in rapidly changing/growing business environments
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.