Scientist-Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling and Simulation
Amgen is seeking a Scientist-Clinical Pharmacology who will be located in our San Francisco, CA location.
As part of the Clinical Pharmacology, Modeling and Simulation department, the Modeling and Simulation Scientist will support Amgen clinical development and translational sciences programs across multiple therapeutic areas with emphasis on oncology/hematology and nephrology.
Responsibilities of the Scientist include:
- Building pharmacostatistical models to support Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamic (PKPD) and exposure-response analyses using relevant state of the art modeling and simulation techniques.
- Training in binary and categorical and binary data analyses, time-to-event (hazard) models, Poisson models, MCMC and Bayesian methods as applied to exposure-response analyses and Population PK and PKPD analysis.
- Perform meta-analysis using proprietary and/or literature data.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams and provide scientific input for dose selection, early and late study designs using modeling and simulation inputs.
- Contribute to clinical pharmacology strategy for the program(s) and implement project plans.
- Generate modeling reports and contribute to the summary documents for regulatory submissions.
Doctorate degree completed by August 2018
Masters degree and 4 years ofscientific experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of scientific experience
- PhD, MD or PharmD in applied statistics/mathematics, biostatistics, engineering, or pharmaceutical sciences
- 2+ years industry or relevant academic experience in applied biostatistics or pharmacometric analyses of small molecules and/or biologics.
- Proficiency in modeling software (e.g. R, SAS, NONMEM, STAN, MATLAB)
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.