Amgen has an Associate Paralegal opening that provides paralegal support for corporate matters under the supervision of an attorney and in coordination with other attorneys.
The position is based at Amgens corporate headquarters campus in Thousand Oaks, California, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the position can initially be based remotely until staff in this role return to work at the Thousand Oaks site.
- Assist with the preparation, related research, and processes related to SEC filings, including maintaining and updating exhibits, proofreading, and rule/form checks.
- Prepare draft correspondence; obtain precedent and company data; set-up files and databases; and prepare initial draft documents such as officer certificates, resolutions, minutes, summaries of contracts or exhibits.
- Support of Board of Directors, including preparation of agendas, draft correspondence, resolutions, and minutes.
- Prepare annual subsidiary unanimous written consents.
- Organization of documents for earnings calls.
- Support Annual Meeting of Stockholders, including D&O questionnaires, proxy and annual report distribution, and meeting logistics.
- Monitor, administer, and oversee compliance with organizational documents, including certificate of incorporation, bylaws, corporate governance principles, and committee charters.
- Keep abreast of Nasdaq listing standards, support listing compliance, and assist with regulatory documentation and inquiries.
- Draft correspondence and engagement letters, obtain research, organize materials, and assemble binders.
- Perform legal research and assist with support for requests for information and documents for internal and external auditors or document production requests.
- Track budgetary spend and invoices.
- Interact with outside counsel, internal counsel, paralegals, and business staff members.
- Bachelors degree OR
- Associates degree and 4 years of legal experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of legal experience
- Corporate Law experience (SEC filings, corporate entity maintenance, drafting of resolutions, minutes, related correspondence) in a paralegal position, preferably in a law firm or corporate law department
- 3+ years of experience in a law firm
- Paralegal certification
- Strong communication, project management, and organization skills
- Be highly detail-oriented, proactive, and manage multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Diligent, resourceful, creative, flexible, and great teammate
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of Box
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.