Postdoctoral Fellow-ImmunoOncology Research, Amgen
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative postdoctoral candidate in the area of cancer immunology, with a focus on elucidating the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the response and resistance to therapeutic intervention. In particular, we will utilize oncolytic virus as a model system to dissect virus /host interactions and identify the determinants of response to immunotherapies. The successful applicant will perform independent research within the context of a highly collaborative environment, with access to state-of-the-art technologies and resources, including single cell RNA sequencing, CRISPR libraries, FACS core, and in vitro/in vivo models of tumor-immune cell interactions.
This position is ideal for those seeking to understand the fundamentals of biomedical sciences and therapeutic discovery while building their skills as an independent investigator focused on basic science questions. The expectation for the postdoc is to build robust datasets and observations that advance the field of cancer immunology through publications and conference presentations. Amgen offers a rich, career-oriented, and multidisciplinary environment for postdocs to pursue fundamental biological questions and publish their findings. At the same time, many opportunities exist to interact with drug discovery teams and contribute meaningfully to science-based decision making. Amgen Discovery Research has built a community of postdoctoral researchers embedded within our core areas of focus to enrich the culture of scientific innovation and discovery.
PhD at the time of appointment
- Ph.D. in Cancer Immunology, Immunology, Microbiology, or Molecular Biology
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and to design, execute, and interpret experiments, as exemplified by good publication record
- Hands-on research experience involving the study of the immune system
- Capability/willingness to perform in vivo experiments
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: 1. multi-color flow cytometry; 2. genetic manipulation of cell lines and/or primary cells with Cas9 /CRISPR or other techniques; 3. biochemistry and molecular biology techniques including current methodologies in vector construction, site-directed mutagenesis, qRT-PCR, DNA/ RNA /Protein quantification, immunoprecipitation, and protein interaction analysis
- Experience with transcriptional profiling and bioinformatics is a plus
- Proficient with statistics, figure design, and scientific data analysis software (e.g., Graphpad Prism, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, and R)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.