Senior Scientist - Medicinal Chemistry
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Scientist - Medicinal ChemistryLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be part of an innovative Medicinal Chemistry group with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the design, synthesis, and purification of novel compounds for potential clinical drug development. This will include the opportunity to work within Amgens Induced Proximity Platform (IPP), which is focused on novel and innovative approaches to modulate intractable targets in diseases using the emerging PROTAC modality.
- The Senior Scientist may directly or indirectly manage research scientists and/or associates within a collaborative environment and be responsible for providing motivating professional development coaching within his/her group.
- Additional responsibilities include but not limited to: devising and implementing creative scientific strategies to address synthetic and medicinal chemistry issues through conducting laboratory experiments, working closely with other researchers to influence team direction and advance programs, communicating progress and strategy in various forums, and preparing technical documents.
- The Senior Scientist will serve as a scientific resource to the department who will champion new technologies/ideas to enhance capabilities.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Medicinal Research professional we seek is a self disciplined Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- Master's degree and 5 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience OR
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of medicinal chemistry or pharmaceutical research experience
- Doctorate degree in chemistry specializing in organic synthesis
- 6+ years of experience in medicinal chemistry
- Experience leading/participating on a team that has advanced compounds to clinical development
- Track record of consistent and successful drug discovery accomplishments (e.g., patent inventorship, conference presentations, and peer-reviewed publications)
- Deep understanding of synthetic and medicinal and chemistry concepts with high lab productivity
- Demonstration of good lab practices, with particular attention to safety
- Proficient skills in parallel synthesis and use of structure-based or other computer-aided design tools
- Broad understanding of drug discovery disciplines (e.g., chemistry, biology, safety, PKDM, etc.)
- Experience managing direct reports or coaching others (internal or CRO)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), leadership skills and the ability to work well in teams
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.