Senior Scientist, Systems Biologist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join the Systems Biology group as an internal expert on applying Systems Biology / Multi-omics approaches to help build a map of human cell biology in service of discovering, developing, and validating treatments for human disease.
- You will be supported to do your best work by a core group of Biologists and Data Scientists.
- You will collaborate cross functionally with biologists, data scientists, process engineers, and product managers.
- You will learn new skills sets in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary company deploying the latest tools in automation and machine learning.
The Impact You’ll Make
In this role, you will:
- Strategize with biologists, chemists, and data scientists on the types of -omics modalities to complement Recursion’s multi-petabyte-scale cellular perturbation and imaging platform.
- Apply computational approaches to design high dimensional target-agnostic experiments, analyze multi-omic data sets, and elucidate mechanisms of action.
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to generate and improve upon various user interfaces and data query and visualization tools.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Experience analyzing and integrating multiple large data sets including, but not limited to, proteomics, transcriptomics, and genomics.
- Fluency in a programming language/methods (Python, R) commonly used for -omics analysis.
- Strong scientific understanding of disease, human cell signaling pathways, and interactome relationships.
- Experience envisioning, developing, and implementing systems biology or scaled multi-omics experimental approaches and computational models of cellular and disease biology, in a drug discovery setting is a plus.
- PhD in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology or similar field with 5+ years of industry and/or post-doctoral experience.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.