Temp - R&D Associate (Muscle & Metabolism)
We are seeking a Temp R&D Associate to join our team. The Metabolic and Muscle Disease group at Regeneron is committed to discovering novel targets and innovative medicines to treat obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia, NASH and muscle diseases. You will support target discovery and development of therapeutics for obesity and metabolic disease. The candidate will support in vivo experiments to test experimental therapeutics and study mechanistic aspects of relevant biology.
As a Temp R&D Associate in the Metabolic and Muscle Disease group, a typical day might include the following:
- Executing and analyzing in vivo mechanistic and pharmacology studies utilizing:
- IP, SC, IV, and PO routes of administration
- Submandibular and cardiac puncture bleeds
- brain region microdissection and organ dissection
- metabolic tolerance testing
- body composition analyses (qNMR, micro-CT)
- indirect calorimetry, activity and food intake analyses (metabolic cages)
- Performing minor and major survival surgeries including osmotic pump implantation, stereotaxic surgery, and fix-perfusions.
- Studying mechanisms through ex vivo immunostaining and in situ hybridization analyses of tissue
- Optimizing and troubleshooting experiments
- Analyzing data, maintaining accurate and complete laboratory records
- Communicating progress and discoveries within the Muscle and Metabolic Disease Group
This role may be for you if:
- You are self-driven and productive with technical problem-solving abilities
- You excel in a creative, fast-paced team environment
- You have strong organizational, time-management, and presentation skills
- You have strong desire to develop and grow scientifically and technically
To be considered for this role, a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 2 plus years of relevant laboratory experience is required. A background in physiology, neuroscience, metabolism or related field is an asset. Strong hands-on experience with in vivo rodent handling, bleeds, various routes of administration (PO, SC, IP, ICV), stereotaxic surgeries, and in vivo metabolic testing are required. Research experience with fix-perfusions and brain IHC/ISH is desirable. The ideal candidate will be proficient in software for data analysis (e.g., Excel, Prism, and data reporting/presentation (e.g., Word, PowerPoint). Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.