Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer
The Genome Informatics and Data Engineering team is looking for a passionate Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer with strong technical ability, communication, and collaboration skills. As the Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture, design and implementation of reliable infrastructure services on AWS, from the ground up, to deliver highly scalable services. You will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership, and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build, and implement cloud platform solutions and DevOps processes needed within RGC. You will also be responsible for management of operational support and coordination with internal IT teams to ensure security, scalability and reliability of the RGC cloud platform.
Key focus areas include
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration
management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc.
- Drive automation, DevOps and Infrastructure as code (IaC) best practices
- Analyze and comprehend how users are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Provide day to day operational support and perform systems administration tasks
- Apply industry standards and best practices to ensure system and application security
- Drive automation of operations and management of infrastructure as code
- Deploy and manage monitoring, metrics, and logging capabilities on RGC's cloud engineering platforms
- Lead effort to containerize various applications and tools and implement container orchestration
- Develop SOPs and configure cloud services to stand up high compute pipelines
- Installs, configures, and maintains cloud applications and services
- Keep abreast of the latest advances in the cloud platforms and services
- Provide leadership and guidance for cloud DevOps engineers
- Interact with key stakeholders to clearly define and iterate on requirements
- Provide end user support, training and documentation.
This job might be for you if:
• You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
• With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
To be considered for the Lead Cloud DevOps Engineer, you must have 7+ years of IT experience with increasing responsibility and at least 5 years of in-depth AWS services experience. Expertise in implementing containers and container orchestration using Docker, ECS, ECR, EKS, Fargate, etc., Tangible experience with Linux administration, CI/CD, automation using BOTO3/Lambda and CloudFormation is required. Knowledge of core AWS services EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, RDS, and monitoring tools. Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus. AWS and other related certifications are a plus. Level will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.