Scientist, Cellular Therapy
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
Located in the heart of Cambridge, we’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. We offer competitive salary and benefits, and potential for employee ownership through stock options.
We are looking for a talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic scientist to join the Cell Therapy team as a key contributor to preclinical research. You’ll be a vital part of a collaborative team working to achieve Obsidian’s vision by translating innovative science into meaningful medical breakthroughs for patients.
This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded pre-clinical company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You’ll help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
- Lead early-stage research in preclinical models both independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment to meet project milestones
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo proof-of-concept studies for engineered cellular products
- Mentor research associates in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments
- Develop and apply cell-based immune assays, including engineering of human T and NK cells
- Isolate immune cells from human blood and tissue and conduct ex vivo engineering, differentiation, and functional and phenotypic characterization
- Aid in the design and analysis of in vivo adoptive cell transfer studies
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, and troubleshoot assays
- Communicate results at internal and external meetings
- PhD in Immunology or a related field with 3+ years postdoctoral training, industry experience preferred
- In vitro cell culture experience with primary human immune cells
- Strong oral communication skills
- A highly motivated and collaborative work style, with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An interest in mentoring associates and scientists
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to a fast passed, rapidly changing pre-clinical environment
- Scientific rigor in the design, execution, analysis, and troubleshooting of scientific experiments
- Demonstrated success in driving research projects and training junior staff
- Excellent organization, record keeping, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Expertise in tissue culture and serum-based assays
- Expertise in various ex vivo immunology methods including but not limited to T and NK cell genetic engineering (gene transfer or gene editing), isolating human and mouse cells, functional assay development using techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, and intracellular cytokine staining
- Experience with tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL)
- Viral vector transduction of primary human immune cells
- Cellular immunotherapy experience
- Experience with genetic engineering
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.