Associate Scientist, Cellular Therapy
Obsidian Therapeutics is pioneering engineered cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients. Obsidian’s programs apply our CytoDriveTM technology in Cell and Gene therapy products to control expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
We’re proud of our diverse talented team and committed to cultivating an environment of inclusion where each person feels a strong sense of belonging and is supported to continuously learn and contribute their best work. Our research team is based in the heart of Cambridge, MA, and our Technical Development and Manufacturing will soon be moving to a brand new facility in Bedford, MA to support our growth. Obsidianites enjoy a highly collaborative culture, competitive salary and benefits, and potential for ownership through stock options.
We’re looking for a talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic Associate Scientist to join the Cell Therapy team as a key contributor to preclinical research on engineered cell therapy products. You’ll be a vital part of a collaborative team working to achieve Obsidian’s vision by translating innovative science into meaningful medical breakthroughs for patients.
This is a unique opportunity in a well-funded pre-clinical company with blue chip investors, field-leading advisors, and a highly experienced team. You’ll help us build a dynamic, innovative, passionate, collaborative, and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in areas of greatest clinical need.
- Make intellectual and technical contributions to projects, while working on a collaborative team
- Work with team leaders to design, develop and apply cell-based immune assays, including engineering of human T cells
- Isolate primary immune cells from human blood/tissue and conduct ex vivo engineering, differentiation, and characterization by immunophenotyping and functional readouts
- Perform ex vivo analysis of samples from in vivo adoptive cell transfer studies in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Execute carefully planned bench and cell culture experiments, troubleshoot assays, discuss data, and communicate findings
- Present results at internal meetings
- Gain the technical and analytical skills needed for cell therapy research and development, including but not limited to: immunophenotyping by multi-parameter flow cytometry, high throughput protein quantitation, primary cell expansion, viral-engineered cell
- Generate and contribute ideas for the benefit of the project, the team, and the Company.
- Provide technical guidance and support to colleagues based on technical expertise and project knowledge.
- BS with 4+ yrs (or MS with 2+ years) experience in a biology/immunology/biomedical research environment
- In vitro cell culture experience with primary human immune cells would be highly valued
- Scientific curiosity, specifically in cell therapy, and enthusiasm to learn
- Scientific rigor in the execution, analysis, and troubleshooting of experiments
- High level of motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Enthusiasm and ability to quickly learn and adapt to fast paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Excellent organization, record keeping, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with data analysis tools like MS-Excel, MS-PPT, GraphPad Prism, Flowjo etc. is desirable.
- Cellular immunotherapy experience preferred
- Experience with cell isolations and in vitro assays
- Familiarity with immunology and cell culture methods including T/NK cell genetic engineering, multi-parameter flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine quantitation, and lentiviral transductions
- Experience with record-keeping in Electronic Notebook (ELN) format
Obsidian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, cultivating a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.