Associate Sourcing Coordinator/ Sourcing Coordinator I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Integrated Discovery Operations team focuses on streamlining scientific operational processes involving the following areas: Scientific Publications originating out of, or in partnership with, the Discovery organization, Compliance which includes communicating expectations and training regarding appropriate interactions with Health Care Providers (HCPs), Non-Clinical Contract Administration which includes payments per contract terms, External Collaborations which includes the logistical support of scientific project involving internal and external stakeholders in compliance with contractual obligations, with a primary focus on leveraging synergies across the organization to minimize the operational or administrative burden on Discovery scientists. Under limited direction of project leadership, provides operational and logistical support for internal and/or less complex external initiatives across one or more business processes and/or one or more therapeutic areas or collaborations.
- The Sourcing Coordinator will be responsible for the establishment of robust processes to support all external sourcing agreements across all service types and across all AbbVie sites in partnership with the GCLO organization.
- Continuously monitor established systems and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Responsible to support external contractor account management and CRO (contract research organization) request team allocation.
- Assist team in new account set ups and new external team creation.
- Manage the issue reporting list and work with the IT team to ensure timely resolution of issues and communications with CROs.
- Compile and communicate metrics on issue resolution to business and communicate timing expectations to the CROs.
- Maintain, and update with changes, master lists of CRO accounts and team memberships.
- Ensure proper set up and maintenance of firewalled projects and work with internal team to create firewall guidelines for external users.
- Responsible to manage external SharePoint permissions and password resets.
- Responsible to review CRO request sites and external ELNs to ensure compliance with CRO guidelines.
- Responsible to manage a list of CRO shipment accounts and work with GCLO to generate new Libra shipment accounts.
Qualifications - External
- BS with 0-4+ years of experience, or MS with 0+ years of experience, or 5-10+ years equivalent work experience.
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently and continually reassess the priority of simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Chemistry or other scientific background and experience preferred.
- Process and/or Project Management training, experience and/or certification preferred.
- Requires excellent computer skills such as: Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Be self-directed and work well in a team and with external customers. Comfortable working in a collaborative and Clear & Courageous manner with senior level internal and external customers.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.