Associate Marketing Manager, Patient Services Marketing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Marketing Manager, Patient Services plays a supporting role in the development of our patient support strategies across the AbbVie portfolio for current and future pipeline products. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys working to build outstanding patient treatment plan experiences. This person will be responsible for supporting program improvements, partnering with Field-based teams, Marketing, Legal/Compliance, Medical, Regulatory and additional partners. This position is office-based.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with those who manage day to day operations of the patient support programs
- Support the design of patient support programs
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with commercial business partners in patient support, field teams, managed healthcare, trade, and marketing teams
- Work in conjunction with finance, legal, regulatory and compliance, etc.
- Develop patient support content through cross-functional collaboration and working with agencies of record
- Manage the patient support program competitive intelligence research and communication within organization to maintain market knowledge through partnership with market analytics and business insights
- Manage the process to shepherd projects through the med/reg process working in partnership with lead agency
- Maintain inventory for marketing material and ensure resources are updated as appropriate
- Ability to manage 15% travel
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 0-4 years in the pharmaceutical industry with experience in market access, patient support, sales, marketing, or related commercial function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience working within a matrix organization a plus
- Experience in bio-pharmaceutical products is preferred.
- Experience in Medical/Legal/Regulatory Review processes at a pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Candidates should have working knowledge of the compliance and regulatory environment for manufacturers in the pharmaceutical space
- This is an office-based position. This position requires up to 15% travel.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, follow up and anticipate problems.
- Ability to communicate across multiple functions (field teams, managed healthcare, trade, marketing).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence across functions to gain consensus on solutions.
Key Internal/External Partners:
- Patient Support Organization
- Field teams
- Senior Leadership
- Managed Healthcare
- Marketing, Analytics and Business Insights Team
- Multiple advertising agencies
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.