Manager, Commercial Data Lake Delivery
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie US Commercial Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization is looking for a Commercial Data Lake (CDL) Delivery Manager to be part of the Patient/Consumer Technology Services and Architecture team to lead the planning, architecture, design, integration, and implementation of Commercial Data Lake with data solutions for marketing analytics and real-world evidence studies for Patient Services and Consumer Marketing functions.
This position will report to Associate Director of Digital Marketing Hub, and will partner with IT strategy and planning team, IT function leads, Commercial Analytics & Operations, marketing, and data governance teams to deliver the end-to-end commercial data lake solution for Patient Services and Consumer Marketing.
This position will lead planning, estimation, build and delivery of business solutions, coordinating with cross-functional teams that includes MABI, BTS and other internal and external stakeholders. This position is expected to work with minimal oversight, managing incremental cycles of onboarding & automation of data onboarding across channels & brands, ensuring standardization & consistency, overseeing robust documentation, aligning priorities across stakeholders, and communicating impact downstream to applications and users.
- Create and manage collaborative working relationships with key stake holders within BTS and the Business to understand the organization’s business strategy, specific business processes, and provide relevant updates
- Act as point of contact for business teams & downstream application owners consuming from the Commercial Data Lake and maintain end-to-end accountability for customer satisfaction and overall delivery excellence
- Collaborate with Project/Program managers managing delivery of data and reporting solutions and manage end to end delivery of programs and projects.
- Review and interact with business and functional IT teams to define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria and provide leadership and direction to project team.
- Identify IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborate in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for project priority, demand planning, and team onboarding & allocation for the Patient Services Data Build team. Including the coordination of SLC documentation, development, testing, and other related project activities.
- Responsible for financial management and reporting for the overall Demand, Budget, and Resource management for applications under the area of responsibility
- Independently perform analysis and collaborate with vendor partners to implement data, software, or technology solutions to deliver precise, reliable, and reproducible products in a timely manner, under the direction of business partners.
- Perform routine tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Proactively recommends improvements to streamline current processes and reduce cycle time.
- Ensure compliance with the AbbVie processes and ensure standard practices and processes across all applications under the area of responsibility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven track record of delivering a collection projects and products for a portfolio size of about $5M
- Good experience in business development, project delivery and client relationship management in a technology environment
- Must be able to work within a matrix organization – balancing the needs of the customer against firm initiatives and goals
- Must be able to identify appropriate product/service offerings and come up with recommendations to meet the functional area needs
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, and should be able to navigate ambiguity and rapid change in terms of project/program priorities
- Strong collaboration skills to build teams across business boundaries
- Drives operational improvements and efficiencies through the creation and implementation of rigorous process and controls, acts as a gatekeeper for quality
- Experience in managing external vendors/customer relationships, and in commercial negotiations benefiting the IT programs
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural competence
- Proven delivery excellence, ideally using Agile
- Strong leadership qualities and a passion for building high performing teams
- Good business acumen and ability to negotiate with business partners
- Good executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills.
Conduct regular 1:1 briefing with the team members on an on-going and regular basis
- know the status of projects in his/her span of control and any key issues that may impact scope or budget
- synthesize and communicate project and business issues on an on-going basis, manage the group’s awareness of major business and IT issues, and help to prevent escalations, where possible
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years’ experience or Master’s degree with 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Proven experience partnering with external vendors or implementation partners ensuring optimization of delivery of service.
- 7+ yrs. of experience in data (data warehouse/ big data) project management including: Resourcing, Project Execution, Incident Management, Change Management and Project Finance Management.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering data warehouse and big data solutions
- Proven experience identifying strategies for risk mitigation to reduce or eliminate issues.
- Knowledge of SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity
- Experience/familiarity with cloud technology (AWS), Snowflake
- Demonstrate Experience with big data technologies like Hive, Impala, Hue, Spark etc., BI tools (Qlik, PowerBI, Datorama) and knowledge of analytics capabilities (Python, R etc)
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Proven experience with Project Management, specifically Project Execution, Demand management, Change Management and Release and Deployment Management.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.
- Experience with Service Operations in a multi-sourced and multi-project environment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.