Paralegal - Operations, Purchasing, and Corporate Affairs
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Paralegal will be part of the AbbVie Operations, Purchasing, and Corporate Affairs Legal team and responsible for negotiating contracts and advising AbbVie businesses regarding legal and policy obligations in consult with department attorneys.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates, and manages a variety of transactional agreements, including master services agreements for all types of services, professional services and consulting agreements, statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, business technology agreements, and amendments, with supervision of an attorney.
- Assists attorneys with the creation of contract templates.
- Independently identifies problems, performs analysis, proposes solutions, and provides guidance directly to business clients.
- Assists attorneys in managing and resolving complex legal issues on projects or negotiations involving multiple disciplines within legal department and/or multiple functional areas or divisions within AbbVie.
- Possesses sound knowledge of clients’ business and knowledge of the broader business impact, including ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Represents Legal Division internally to clients, across all levels of management.
- Represents AbbVie externally to customers, suppliers, competitors, and opposing counsel, and resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal experience.
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
- Advises legal department managers of critical project developments in a timely manner.
- Executes core job responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or relevant legal education (Paralegal certificate).
- Minimum 3 years of paralegal experience including significant experience in negotiating contracts. Experience in a corporate environment preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organization/analytical, and interpersonal skills; attention to detail, flexibility, and project management abilities.
- Must be able to multi-task, analyze information, understand client needs, set and manage own work priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Appetite to learn and strong initiative.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in area of responsibility.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.