Director, Alliance Management Leader
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Alliance Project Leader (APL) is the champion for programs under alliance agreements. This position is responsible for leading and directing all alliance related activities in support of our alliance programs. This entails responsibility for driving internal and external alignment on the overarching development strategy and execution of the risk mitigation plan.
The APL is responsible for driving alignment on the overarching strategy and developing a risk mitigation plan in collaboration with the alliance partner to best position for success. The APL will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the necessary processes, methods of communication, training and governance required to explore, execute and maintain successful partnerships. This individual will work within a cross-matrix team setting composed of both internal and external partners and will drive the relevant agendas for all governance meetings.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Act as advocate for the alliance, resolving conflicts and facilitating relationships between the partners.
- Participate in developing an aligned overarching development strategy for the programs and ensure that risk mitigation plans are proactively managed.
- Drive the agendas and execute governance meetings between internal and external partners.
- Keep Head of Alliance Management aware of developments and maintain buy-in throughout the partnership process while ensuring that coordination and communication occurs at all stages of the partnership process.
- Establish and promote best practices in partnering with AbbVie to gain competitive advantage and establish AbbVie as partner-of-choice.
- This position is responsible for interfacing directly with the project teams and steering committees and is accountable for facilitating the development of a compound strategy for the alliance assets. Further, this director will be accountable to support the team to drive that medicine development strategy forward.
- PhD - Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience, Eye Care or Aesthetics preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with option-based models strongly preferred.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills to develop and maintain successful and healthy partnerships.
- Experience working in a cross-matrix project team is essential with late stage clinical and commercial development experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking for conflict resolution; risk management; organizational alignment.
- Familiarity with legal and contractual governance.
- Experience working with external partners. Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
- Willingness to be accountable for all aspects of the alliance partnership.
- Requires thorough understanding of the research, development, and commercialization of new drugs through past experiences and a good grounding in scientific, development, regulatory and commercial concepts in both early and late stage development programs.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.