BTS Data Architect, FP&A Systems
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions for the FP&A community that solve significant scientific or business problems. Gain a thorough understanding of data flows and data usage across the FP&A Landscape. Generate new proposals and lead efforts to streamline, simplify and ensure data accuracy. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a data architect lead in and document and integrate this knowledge into the organization. This Technology Architects will be aligned specifically to Data.
- Effectively function as a principle data architect, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Identify and drive projects to improve and/or simplify data flows, data accuracy and data usage to continuously improve business processes and system performance and stability.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for technology within his/her area of expertise on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data and software engineering, including data warehousing, data integration, data visualization and analysis, software development, statistics, and machine learning.
- Develop effort, duration, and cost estimates for data platform implementations.
- Research alternative database, data engineering and analytics technologies and develop technical roadmaps gaining key stakeholder buy-in.
- Coach mentor and guide both BTS and business persons.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past education and experience to be successful in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and positive results.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- Strong analysis and analytical skills.
Preferred Technical Experience/Expertise:
- Multiple enterprise databases.
- Application and ETL development.
- Data modeling.
- Cloud and on-premise hosted applications.
- Financial Planning and Analytics Business Processes a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.