Associate Director, Project Management (Devices)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, Allergan Aesthetics Project Management will drive cross-functional teams to bring innovative medical device products to market. The Associate Director is responsible for the effective management (organization, planning, execution, control, and evaluation) of all aspects of medical device projects in R&D. These include development and launch of new products, achieving new clinical indications and global expansion of existing products.
- Manage the cross-functional integrated project plan and drive the execution through cross-functional teams.
- Drivers and contributes to asset strategy/deliverable strategy teams, the global project strategy, ensuring milestones, goals, and budget are achieved and risk is effectively managed.
- Effectively collaborate with R&D governance boards, communicate project status to management and provide resolution options/recommendations for project issues.
- Provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the project teams for strategic planning and operational execution.
- Provides training and coaching of project teams on processes including product development process, project governance, development plans, critical path, decision trees and project financials.
- Will take a leadership role in managing the overall project financials and incorporating forecasts from team members.
- 8-10 years’ experience in medical device R&D environment, including 6+ years as Project Manager or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- PMP certification is helpful but not required.
- Expert in medical device product development and the interdependencies of individual development activities. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis.
- Expert in the application of project management software and ability to utilize project and portfolio management systems.
- Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources, and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones.
- Excellence in communication, stakeholder management, facilitating and managing meetings.
- Expert in facilitating team decision making.
- Ability to encourage intelligent risk taking and a bold culture.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.