Lead Metrology Technician
ADMA Biologics is a biopharmaceutical company relentlessly committed to creating superior products for immunodeficient patients at risk for infection. It is our devotion to this underserved population that fuels us and our hands-on approach to production and development that sets us apart. If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative, growing company in the biopharmaceutical industry that is committed to excellence and integrity, then consider ADMA Biologics. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Technician Metrology in Boca Raton, FL!
This position is responsible for leading the tasks associated within the Metrology Department and includes such activities as maintenance of SOPs and planning the ADMA calibration program, equipment, instruments, test standards. Procedures must be maintained to comply with industry standards and cGMP requirements. This position also maintains the accuracy and proper functioning of the control and monitoring systems on various equipment.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Participates in activities of the Metrology department to ensure work is performed in an efficient and quality manner in compliance with company policies and SOPs, regulatory and EH&S standards, and cGMP practices.
- Maintain operational procedures, including SOPs and other related documentation pertaining to the Metrology department.
- Trains metrology staff on standards and records to ensure staff and service vendors maintain required qualifications.
- Plan sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment and review calibration certificates and related documentation.
- Set up standard and specialized laboratory equipment to test, evaluate and calibrate other measuring and test equipment. Verify and approve data generated during calibrations. Disassemble measuring and test equipment to inspect components for defect. Align, repair and replace component parts and circuitry.
- Use formulae to solve problems in measurement and calibration.
- Co-ordinate Metrology department activities based on information maintained and/or generated by the calibration database.
- Co-ordinate with equipment vendors for the maintenance and/or repair and external calibrations and procedures as needed and review certifications, service reports and data.
- Employee will be required to be on call and /or adjust work hours to accommodate production schedules. Overtime and weekend work may occasionally be required.
- Personal computer literacy, including familiarity with file management, Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required to effectively communicate with non-technical and technical staff and all levels of personnel within and external to ADMA including regulatory inspectors.
Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of AAS degree or equivalent from two-year college program related to an electronics or electro-mechanical field. ASQ or equivalent certification as a calibration technician.
Minimum 15 years experience performing calibrations in a CGMP regulated environment. Prior experience working in a certified calibration laboratory is highly desirable. Ability to read schematics and flow diagrams, troubleshoot circuits and hydraulic systems to the component level. Ability to create/review Standard Operating Procedures and interpret and follow equipment manuals, schematics, and drawings.
Other Essential Knowledge:
Able to work independently with minimal direction. Experience with laboratory and manufacturing measurement equipment, such as chart recorders, temperature controllers, pH and conductivity meters, incubators, autoclaves, multi-meters, pipettes, temperature and humidity transmitters using 4 to 20 milliamp current loops. Knowledge and experience working in a highly regulated environment using approved SOP’s and procedures. Prior SAP experience highly desired.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Vision, Life and Dental Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Company Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks’ Paid Time Off (within the first year)
- Tuition Assistance (after the first year)
- Easily accessible to Tri-Rail
- Company paid shuttle to the Boca Tri-Rail station
ADMA Biologics, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
ADMA Biologics is an Equal Opportunity Employer