Temporary Pharmacokinetics Operations Coordinator
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in San Diego, is located in the North San Diego County city of Carlsbad. Ionis was founded in 1989 and was purposely designed to create a better, more efficient drug discovery platform, establish a new innovation-centered business model, and maximize the value of every medicine created and get it to the people who need it most as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
With the RNA molecule as the basis of our novel drug discovery platform, we are targeting an unprecedented range of therapeutic areas. Our antisense therapies are disrupting diseases and changing their course—from the rarest of conditions, to those that impact millions of people. We currently have three commercial products and more than 40 potentially transformative medicines in our pipeline designed to treat a broad range of diseases.
Ionis is a challenging, motivating and rewarding environment designed to foster innovation and scientific excellence. Our success is a direct result of our outstanding employees. We are interested in bringing together individuals with different skill sets into this creative environment to be part of a productive team. Join us and experience our unique culture while you develop and expand your career.
TEMPORARY PHARMACOKINETICS OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
- Support scientists in tracking and completing study- and project-specific milestones by coordinating activities and interacting with contract research organizations (CROs) and multiple internal departments (e.g., Preclinical Development, Clinical, QA, Project Management, Regulatory)
- Assist in study start-up and maintenance activities. Specific tasks include communicating with contract research organizations (CROs), facilitating contracts, coordinating and tracking pharmacokinetic (PK) sample shipments/receipt, verifying invoices, and maintaining file systems for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets (includes shipping/data templates, using formulas & calculations, preparing data spreadsheets for PK monitors) and Word document summaries extracted from non-clinical and clinical protocols
- Review and Quality Control (QC) many different document types (e.g., non-clinical and clinical protocols/plans, data, reports)
- Assist PK with regulatory submissions – proof-reading, QCing, scanning, preparing tables
- Provide assistance with processing documents (e.g., filing, scanning, database entry, etc.), formatting documents, preparing for due diligence, arranging/executing domestic and international shipments and associated paperwork, and coordinating/planning events and meetings, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with preferred 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Computer experience including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat are required, with a willingness to expand computer knowledge. Database experience will be helpful
- Well versed and proficient at reading/processing internal/external email communications with the ability to understand and take the necessary actions to maintain project progress
- Must be organized, adaptive, and detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task and follow direction
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, with ability to be adaptable and have a high degree of flexibility
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven interpersonal skills as well as strong oral and written communication
- Proven ability of being productive and successful in an intense work environment
For more information about Ionis please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #TEMPO02570
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.