Facility and Utility Engineer
AM Technical Solutions- Who Are We:
AM Technical Solutions (AM), founded in 1994, is a proven and licensed architecture, engineering, and construction firm bringing innovative solutions to the Biopharma industry to help in the fight to save lives. Our knowledge and expertise in high-tech spaces combined with our culture-first mentality allows our team to deliver the entire scope of work for high-tech construction projects on schedule, on budget, and at the level of quality required by customers. AM Life Science being an integrated part of AM Technical Solutions brings new energy and ideas to an ever-changing industry. Our team is comprised of motivated, intelligent, capable and qualified individuals who design, execute and manage projects and programs that implement risk-based approaches utilizing scientific data and justifications to align with the regulatory and industry standards. AM Life Science takes pride in our accuracy, efficiency, and integrity, which translates into cost and time savings for our Clients.
Facilities and Utility Engineer
AM is looking for experienced personnel with knowledge of GEP and GMP facilities and utilities systems and can manage and lead the startup and commissioning of such systems.
This person will be integrated into the early stages of the site buildouts to establish all aspects of the engineering lifecycle and facilities needs including the startup, commissioning, qualification of biopharma manufacturing facility.
This individual will be a key member of AM and lead a team responsible for delivering the facilities GEP (Non-Impact) and GMP (Indirect & Direct) utilities and systems.
Direct Involvement Opportunities:
- Lead the startup, and commissioning of GEP systems such as:
- CRAC units
- HVAC chiller
- Desiccant Dehumidification system (Munters unit)
- HVAC distribution and VAVs (62)
- Exhaust fans
- pressure control strategies
- Building Automation System functionality by system + all alert/alarm points
- Electrical power systems: Normal
- Standby generator
- Emergency & UPS
- PH neutralization and transfer lift station
- Compressed air system
- WFI/(RODI) generation and distribution systems
- Tempered water system and emergency showers and eye washes
- GMP Systems:
- N2 system (verify via P&ID)
- Process Chillers
- Clean Steam Generator
- Parts washer
- BSC, Fume hoods, LFHs
- Knowledge of Engineering Lifecycle Documents (Design Reviews, SATs, FATs) Installation and Operation, Commissioning and Qualification
- Hands-on experience operating these systems and equipment
Qualifications, Skills, And Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Engineering, Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience working in a GMP manufacturing facilities role.
- Experience using building monitoring systems (BMS), Environmental Monitoring Systems (EMS), Quality Management Systems (QMS), Familiarity with GMP clean utilities including HVAC, high purity water, and gas systems is a must.
- Experience with startup, commissioning, and qualification of biopharma manufacturing facility.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a dynamic, fast-paced, and ever-changing environment.
- Able to deal with pressure, take on challenging projects, manage competing priorities, and anticipate problems in advance