Director / Associate Director – R&D Program Manager
About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately held, development-stage biotechnology company leveraging its proprietary epigenomic programming platform to biologically engineer a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines, known as Omega Epigenomic Controllers. Using these epigenomic controllers, Omega is seeking to transform the practice of human medicine through highly selective and direct control of the human genome to treat and cure disease.
Omega Therapeutics leverages its pioneering Epigenomic Programming™ platform to identify novel targets, develop first-in-class programmable epigenetic medicines, and enable rational drug development and manufacturing. Omega examines Insulated Genomic Domains (IGDs), the three-dimensional architecture of the human genome and its accompanying regulators and has identified and classified thousands of genomic “zip codes” across the ~15,000 IGDs as new drug targets. Omega's new class of medicine, called Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, modulate IGDs using therapeutics that can be programmed to precisely up or down regulate single or multi-gene expression with controlled durability. These epigenomic controllers intervene at the pre-transcriptional level and they function without altering the native human genetic code or nucleic acid sequences. Using a rational and robust target identification and validation process, enhanced by a strong computational and data driven foundation, Omega is able to efficiently design and optimize potential epigenomic controllers from its platform. This entirely new and breakthrough approach allows the Company's product candidates to also drug previously ‘undruggable' targets across a broad range of diseases.
The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including certain oncology indications, liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) among others. Omega's mission is to deliver the transformative therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, versatile, and hands-on R&D Program Manager (commensurate with experience) to provide strong leadership, strategic direction and program management to program teams. The role is highly cross-functional with key interactions with research, preclinical, CMC, clinical, regulatory, and finance.
The Program Manager, in partnership with the Program Leads, will develop the integrated development plan; will have a firm understanding of the program strategy, critical path activities, risks and mitigation plans; and lead the long-range planning.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, possess a firm understanding of the drug development process, be comfortable with ambiguity, and have a proven track record managing and driving program teams. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, enabling effective communication within program teams and throughout the organization.
This is an exciting and visible role for a highly qualified and motivated individual. The role will be reporting to the Head of Program and Alliance Management.
- Partner closely with Team Leaders to drive the development and execution of strategic, integrated development plans
- Effectively communicate with cross-functional team members, senior leaders and key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with projects
- Build and maintain detailed integrated program timelines
- Lead scenario planning and analysis
- Identify bottlenecks and issues. Proactively drive for their resolution
- Track and monitor key milestones and decision points to drive delivery of program objectives
- Facilitate team meetings using project management best practices/tools to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision making, and successful execution of project objectives
- Develop and maintain risk registry along with team communications including action item and decision logs, meeting agendas, and minutes
- Develop project management tools/templates to facilitate timely communication and execution of projects
- Lead budgeting/forecasting/long-range planning activities for assigned projects
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team, and to influence at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, to effectively inform key updates & issues across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment with large potential impact; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues, and balance competing priorities effectively
- Expertise in Microsoft suite (e.g. Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook etc.) and PM tools (e.g. Office Timeline Pro, OnePager etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field, advanced degree (MS, PhD or MBA) and/or PMP Certification preferred
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with a minimum of 8+ years of program management in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; level to commensurate with experience
- Strong understanding of drug development, including Regulatory Filings. Pre-IND experience (including IND filing) is required
- Alliance management experience preferred