Senior Executive Assistant
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Health and Innovation, the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) will be responsible for providing senior level administrative support. The SEAs administrative work assignments will involve interactions with high level, international executives both internal and external to Amgen. The SEA also plays a key role in coordinating initiatives and operations at our Amgen Thousand Oaks (ATO) site.
- Proactively manage the executives calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring that the executive is appropriately represented at all forums
- Prepare the executive with pre-read and briefing documents in advance of daily meetings
- Coordinate arrangements for and execute key tasks to effectively manage a variety of global business meetings utilizing Lync and Telepresence technologies
- Coordinate multi-region meetings and workshops
- Maintain a keen awareness of and sensitivity to global time zones, as the team covers a multi-site organization and many of our staff and clients are based on the East coast and at International locations
- Publish monthly reports and meeting minutes, and supporting contract routing and signatures between Companies and our Legal Department
- Act as a liaison between groups under the responsibility of the executive
- Schedule, coordinate, and track events related to the HR Function as well as the client function, including site visits, all-staff meetings and special events
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements amidst dynamic business requirements; and prepare and process expense reports
- Review, prioritize and flag high priority communications (emails and documentation) for timely and appropriate response
- Use internal contacts to provide prompt responses to inquiries from staff at all levels of the various organizations impacted by the client
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executive's time free of minor detail work, including screening and directing incoming calls and correspondence
- Compose and edit correspondence on behalf of the executive
- Plan and organize work to ensure accurate and logical organization of files/documents/records, ensure effective control of forms, and control confidentiality of files
- Manage maintenance and retrieval of filed information and correspondence to ensure immediate access to information
- Manage multiple priorities in a continually changing environment
- Provide administrative support to other senior leaders as needed
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to other admin staff as needed
ATO Site responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff on a daily basis to plan and execute various site initiatives (staff events, external speakers, Digital and or AI seminars, holiday events, seminars etc.)
- Support Business continuity initiatives including being part of the annual emergency exercise event; both preparation and execution.
- Coordinate key site operations activities (e.g. town hall meetings, all staff, monthly site council, governance team meeting, ATO off-site etc.)
- Act as the site Administrative Lead and manage monthly ATO administrative team meeting
- Assist with coordinating external outreach initiatives including visits from local companies, AI companies, and Universities executives as needed.
Associates degree and 4 years of administrative experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of administrative experience
- Bachelors degree and direct experience supporting a senior executive for a large corporation
- 10 years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Amgen experience
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality, as well as judgment, creativity, flexibility and initiative in resolving issues
- Possess fundamental presentation skills (speaking in front of medium to large groups while using appropriate AV equipment).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience working in biopharma industry
- Ability to prioritize projects of greater urgency and importance
- Expert level PC skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database skills, SharePoint and advanced typing skills
- Strong team Player
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in communicating key business and clinical information
- Excellent time management and project management skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.