Senior Incident Response Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Incident Response EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. This vital role supports Amgen's Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) and Incident Response (IR) by coordinating activities to ensure timely incident response and information sharing across functions. Collaborates globally with incident response analysts, engineers, and threat intelligence to capture technical information and document processes, procedures, and investigations. Works closely with various levels of technical staff to ensure overall organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead coordination efforts with necessary partners to better understand response activities or actions and their impact to Amgen's environment.
- Lead incident response investigations and provide technical guidance to various stakeholders
- Maintain and upkeep relevant playbooks for response
- Translate complex technical incidents into business language and be able to present the same to different audiences
- Demonstrate, integrate, and collaborate on enhancing existing information security solutions and services to address any gaps or deficiencies in the CSOC to address security risks.
- Collaborate with other Information Security teams and provide CSOC insight to where limited information security controls or solutions are present
- Lead efforts to integrate critical CSOC data into Information Securitys metrics program to enable critical strategic, operational, and tactical decisions making
- Collaborate, maintain and build relationships with Amgen and other parties that may impact Cybersecurity services and technologies
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The experienced professional we seek has these qualifications.
Masters degree OR
Bachelors degree and 2 years of Informations Systems experience OR
Associates degree and 6 years of Informations Systems experience OR
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Informations Systems experience
- Experience with security application tools and systems, i.e. Crowdstrike, Domain Tools, O365: Security & Compliance Module, QRadar, Phantom, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Tufin, ThreatGrid
- Ability to understand and quantify risks. Determine methods of addressing the risks and gaps to implement appropriate security controls
- Proficient in Incident Management and Response
- Experience in leveraging SIEM (QRadar, Splunk) solutions for incident response investigations.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
- Proficient in preparation of incident response reports, dashboards and documentation
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Ability to piece together different and complex technologies and solutions to help provide a solution that meets security requirements
- Thorough knowledge of digital network telecommunications including TCP/IP and other related network protocols.
- Practical Knowledge of Information Security standards and policies like ISO 27001/27002, NIST, and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective working in global teams with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a broad range of people and roles
- Accepts responsibility and personal accountability
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Must be collaborative, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Experience with complex technologies that impact security
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.