Marketing Operations Manager, Patient Access
Amgen is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission: to serve patients. Within Global Commercial Operations, we provide the capabilities, resources, and rewards of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurialism and verve that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
The Marketing Operations Manager, Patient Access is part of the Patient Support team and reports to the Sr Marketing Manager, Care Center.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operational initiatives as it relates to the Care Center and reimbursement support services offerings, patient and HCP.
- Serving as a business lead for system design and development for care center tools including but not limited to CRMs, HCP facing platforms, and field analytics insights (i.e. Pulse, TAR, HCP Portal).
- Lead for system related operational support including field training and issue resolution
- Serving as the patient access lead for new initiatives within the Care Center team as it relates to system operational initiatives with strategic vendors.
- Managing the coordination of payor updates with strategic vendors across portfolio to include plan updates and electronic benefit verification impacts
- Coordinating with Care center marketing team to develop system driven operational SOPs
- Working cross functionality to drive system efficiencies across all patient access vendors (i.e. field reimbursement team, fulfillment and nursing support vendors)
- MAC submission of above brand call center materials, including trainings
- Evaluating opportunities across the entire PSP portfolio
Masters degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelors Degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associates Degree and 8 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Access and Reimbursement experience from a program development, marketing, sales, operations standpoint
- Call center or reimbursement hub management experience within pharma or consumer industries
- Two years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Consulting skill-set a plus including critical thinking, project planning, presentation skills, PPT, Excel
- Process management experience in order to build greater efficiencies and optimize programs
- Program innovation and continuous mind-set in order to deliver the best experience to our customers
- Strong analytic experience, including basic financial modeling and Microsoft Excel skills with attention to detail
- Strong project management skills to track complex projects thru completion on time and within budget
- Strong communication skills strong spoken and written communication skills to translate Amgen business requirements into operational programs at a partner operation, and ability to optimally navigate to win-win agreements across diverse internal and external partner groups
- Leadership skills ability to provide direction, strategy, and mentoring to assigned operations managers
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve peoples lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the worlds leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.