Senior Counsel, Commercial Operations - Patient Support Programs
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Counsel, Commercial Operations - Patient Support ProgramLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for counseling Amgens commercial organization on a wide variety of legal and regulatory issues impact multiple Amgen products with an emphasis on Amgens Patient Support Programsin the United States. Amgen manufactures and markets biopharmaceutical products that are subject to oversight and regulation by several entities of the U.S. Federal government.
The Senior Counselis Amgens in-house legal expert and resource on patient support programs and adviseson the issues relating to Amgens patient support programs or other platform matters that may potentially impact more than oneof Amgens products, with emphasis on theFederalAnti-Kickback Statute and government enforcement activities relating topatient support programs.
- Include copay cards,coupon programs,vouchers, trial/starter programs, access/reimbursement support hubs, nurse educator programs and pharmacy programs.
- Advising the designandexecution of these programs as well astraining of Amgenlegal, regulatory, compliance and commercialpersonnel.This will include review and negotiation of, and advice with respect to, agreements with thirdparties relating to these programs.
- Responsibility with respect to these programs includes all 22Amgen productscurrentlymarketed in the United States, and new product entrants and indications,with revenues of approximately US$18.5 billion and mayalso include advice to the Amgen programs globally.
- Collaborate withother Amgen attorneysand cross-functional partnersto ensure that adviceand risk-tolerancerelating to patient support programsisconsistent and clear across all Amgen products and implemented accordingly.
- Supervises one or more junior attorneys in this role.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is has these qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
J.D. degree or LL.M. degree from an ABA accredited law school, admission to practice law in a U.S. jurisdiction andfour (4) years of experience practicinglawPreferred Qualifications:
8+ years ofin-houseand/or law firm experience providing counsel on, and structuring,patient support or similar typeprograms
Experience counseling clients on complex legal and regulatory considerations including:
- Healthcare fraud and abuse matters
- OIG compliance guidance and advisory opinions
- DOJ settlements with pharmaceutical industry
- Congressional hearings and inquiries
- Proven superior legal skills,including:excellent oral and written communication, legal analysis and negotiationskills
- Ability to lead and influenceothers
- Strong client service focus
- Ability to manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-pacedenvironment
- Superior academic achievement
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.