HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Does the thought of building an entirely new site, from the ground up excite you? Do you love building and developing high performing teams? If you have a passion for talent development and want to be a part of Amgens mission to serve patients every patient every time then check out this exciting new opportunity.
Be part of the Amgen Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation, a new facility focused on medical device assembly and packaging of injectable medicines. When completed, the Advanced Assembly and Final Product Operation facility will not only feature the best in-class assembly and packaging technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgens plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
The final location of this role is yet to be determined candidates must be open to relocating within Continental USLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for corporate policies, guidelines, and standards as well as related training programs and regulatory compliance. Provides leadership vital to execute global EH&S programs. Develops, monitors, and coordinates Company EH&SS programs in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key managers and officials of other organizations and regulatory agencies, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Provides market/customer sensitivity and commits to talent development.
- In a supervisory capacity, is responsible for an important segment of the EH&S function with extensive and diversified requirements.
- Provides corporate oversight on matters related to compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Establishes, builds consensus, and communicates standards and guidelines to the organization.
- Conducts periodic audits, surveys, and visits along with established governance systems and keeps management apprised of potential risks and liabilities.
- Focuses on prevention and actively participate in setting the agenda for EH&S as well as the development and revision of regulations affecting Company operations.
- Recommends facilities, personnel, and funds required to carry out programs, which are directly related with and directed toward fulfillment of overall organizational objectives.
- As a staff specialist, is a recognized leader and authority in a broad area of EH&S specialization.
- Selects EH&S programs to further the organizations objectives.
- Conceives and plans investigations of broad areas for which precedents are lacking in areas critical to the overall EH&S function.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on his or her scientific interpretations and advice.
- Directs several subordinate supervisors or team leaders.
- Responsible for the successful operation of activities. Ensures that overall budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set and attained.
- Provides periodic reports of progress and plans and conducts briefings and technical meetings for senior management as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Environmental Health and Safety experienceOr
Masters degree and 8 years of Environmental Health and Safety experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 10 years of Environmental Health and Safety experienceAnd
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, and programs or directing the allocation of resources.Beyond that, our preferred qualifications are:
- Educational background in Environmental Science, Applied Science in Occupational Safety, Life Sciences or Engineering
- 5+ years of successful EH&S leadership experience directly managing EH&S staff
- 10+ years of individual contributor experience in EHS (Safety focus)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish.
- Successful experience in leading teams in a multi-plant and/or multi-site cGMP-regulated commercial manufacturing environment, including cross-functional team leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local EH&S regulatory requirements, industry trends, and ability to work optimally in a globally-matrixes organization and team environment
- Strong leadership, influencing and administrative skills, including financial and project management abilities
- Demonstrated success in communicating technical and administrative topics and matters to different levels of the organization, including operating and executive level staff
- Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.