The Engineer reports to the Senior Manager of the Downstream Process Engineering group. Working under direction, the position is responsible for providing process engineering support at the Amgen Rhode Island site. Specific duties include:
- Provide technical support to commercial manufacturing as required
- Working closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, engineering, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to implement operational improvements
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, automation or process issues in the field
- Apply LEAN methodology to ensure optimal and cost-effective performance and reliability for process systems
- Develop, organize, analyze, and present results for operational issues and engineering projects of small scope and complexity
- Applying engineering principles to recommendation, design, and implementation of new equipment or system modifications
- Communicating proactively with supervisor and support staff, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- Ability to provide On-Call support coverage on weekends, on a rotating basis.
Master's Degree or
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years experience or
Associate's Degree and 6 years experience or
High School Diploma/GED and 8 years experience
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years experience in engineering in a manufacturing support environment with at least 1 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries.
- Downstream unit operation experience such as Chromatography or Tangential Flow Filtration desired
- Familiarity designing, troubleshooting, and operating equipment used in protein purification including disposable technologies
- Experience with Tech Transfer, Process Design, and Commissioning & Qualification
- Direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) including detailed understanding of cGMPs.
- Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret problems using multiple sources of information
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams and embrace a team-based culture
- Familiarity with designing and operating equipment used in biopharmaceutical manufacturing
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.