Outsourcing Manager, Immuno-oncology Scientist - In Vivo Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Opportunity to boldly help our team redefine preclinical drug discovery and radically improve people’s lives!
- Directly contribute to our programs by coordinating testing of novel chemical entities and repurposed compounds by leading outsourced efforts at contract research organizations (CROs).
- Facilitate growth of our team and be a part of creating the foundation necessary for expanding our capabilities through teamwork and balancing of tasks.
- Do meaningful research and work in a matrix-like environment where your ideas and thoughts matter, are necessary, and expected.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a truly cross-functional team in an environment that requires collaboration and communication across multiple departments. Communication and multitasking is especially important to the success of our team. We value independent thought and self-reflection with the goal of incremental self and team improvement. If you have ideas or suggestions for improvement, we want to hear your voice.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A PhD or MS in a biological field and industry experience actively participating in the directional planning, management, design, and execution of in vivo studies in oncology/immuno-oncology models or disease models with an immunology focus.
- Experience preferred leading and/or participating in xenograft rodent models
- Experience in flow cytometry measurements is desirable.
- Experience driving in vivo studies at CROs testing experimental compounds.
- Oversight of data collection, analysis and reporting of in vivo studies.
- Explore scientific literature outside of one’s immediate area of expertise and apply this to adapt efficacy study designs
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask to coordinate studies with varying project teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and via electronic software applications in a matrix environment. Additionally, it is necessary to give presentations describing proposed studies and/or experimental results.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility**
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars**
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking**
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
**United States based employees
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.