Lab Operations Specialist
The Swiss based Bachem Group is a public, innovation-driven company specializing in the development and manufacturing of pepTides and oligonucleoTides. As a full service provider Bachem offers products for clinical development and commercial applications as well as a comprehensive catalog and exclusive custom synthesis. With 50 years of experience and subsidiaries in Switzerland, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, Bachem is the partner of choice for the biotech and pharma industry worldwide.
Bachem. Leading Partner in Tides
In order to continue our organic growth, we are constantly looking for talent.
The Lab Operation Specialist will lead the laboratory operations for the Quality Control Department. This individual helps with maintaining the stability program for the QC laboratory, leads 5S housekeeping program and participates in continuous improvement projects as needed.
- Track the stability program schedule, scheduling of monthly stability timepoints and sample pulls
- Sample management for stability and retain materials
- Organization of external lab testing and cost analysis as needed
- Purchase orders for laboratory supplies
- Support documentation of quality events
- Lead department 5S Housekeeping Program and training
- Provide support for QC dashboard and performance metrics
- Champion Reward and Recognition Program
- Continuous improvement projects as needed
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry or related Science field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility of working hours based on business needs, may include some nights and occasional weekends
- Experience with Peptides
- Experience with Lean 5S and continuous improvement programs
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.