Research Associate, Microbiome Drug Product
Arranta Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic bio-pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO). Our vision is to be the best in class CDMO providing development and GMP manufacturing services to microbiome innovators within the pharmaceutical industry. Therapies focused on the human microbiome are exhibiting incredible potential towards revolutionizing disease etiology and associated medical treatments. Arranta Bio’s mission is to build a world class organization which provides microbiome bio-pharmaceutical innovators with a single source of supply from early process development through clinical and commercial GMP finished product.
WHO ARE WE
Arranta hires people who are committed and passionate to the goal of bringing life enhancing products to patients. We want top talent who will render ideas and a relentless desire towards accomplishing our mission; when a job becomes a passion, it makes you feel ALIVE.
Here at Arranta Bio, we embrace ALIVE - our core values that we live and breathe daily! We are Agile, Leading, Innovating, Value Creating, and Engaging.
We embrace our challenges as opportunities.
We are empowered to think and act.
We never settle; we strive to improve through purposeful creativity.
We build aligned teams who learn, grow, and deliver.
We are committed to building strong relationships.
Are you ready to come ALIVE with a daring and intrepid team? Don’t wait another minute; Apply today!
The Research Associate I or II, Drug Product, Process Sciences, Microbiome will be instrumental in the development of Drug Product formulations and processes for Live Biotherapeutic Products (LBPs). This is a hands-on position in which the Research Associate I or II will be expected to work with instruments and equipment in a Product Development laboratory environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist formulation and preformulation scientists in the development of robust and stable pharmaceutical drug products.
- Perform hands-on experiments (under supervision) on pharmaceutical unit operations including, but not limited to, dispensing, blending, milling/screening, encapsulation, tableting, banding, coating, weight sorting, packaging, and labeling.
- Perform hands-on experiments (under supervision) on characterization instruments including, but not limited to, powder flow analyzer, texture analyzer and density tester.
- Perform equipment set-up, break-down, and cleaning, including appropriate care and storage of all change parts.
- Procure supplies necessary to perform work, including excipients, components, laboratory supplies, etc.
- Understand and practice good documentation practices. Document all work in laboratory notebook(s) or other acceptable forms (e.g., batch records).
- Write and review SOPs, as needed.
Experience and Skills
- B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline with 0-4 years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience with pharmaceutical unit operations, equipment, and instrumentation to support formulation activities for solid oral dosage forms.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical GLP, GDP and GMP.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Goal oriented and ability to deliver on timelines and commitments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel occasionally, drive a motor vehicle.
- Communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Phone reimbursement policy for qualified individuals
- Free parking
- Highly competitive healthcare with many plan options:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/EPO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Up to 10 weeks of 100% paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks of 100% paid paternity, domestic partner, & adoption leave
- Educational assistance program
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 100% match on first 5% deferred.
- A suite of Arranta Bio paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- Employee Referral program
- Competitive PTO plan, in addition to 10 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)