Research Associate –Analytical Method Development (CONTRACT)
Manager: Scientist II
Department: Analytical Method Development
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a Research Associate (CONTRACT) to join the Analytical Method Development group in Technical Operations. The candidate will perform laboratory-based activities to design, develop and qualify analytical methods for the characterization of the Sangamo’s recombinant Adeno-associated Virus (rAAV) gene therapy products. The ideal candidate will be experienced in liquid chromatography (LC), Mass Spectrometry (MS), and biochemistry-based assay development, and have a fundamental understanding of developing analytical methods that are used for the characterization of biological products.
- Perform, develop, and optimize analytical assays including HPLC/UHPLC, gel electrophoresis, CE-SDS, Mass Spectrometry (MS) and LC etc.
- Work independently on sample preparations, testing, and data review of established analytical methods.
- Generate complete and accurate documentation using electronic notebook system.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific project plans.
- Contribute to routine laboratory organization of samples and reagents and maintenance of lab equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or related disciplines with a minimum 1 year of industry experience.
- Hands-on experience with HPLC/UHPLC (Reverse Phase, Size-Exclusion), biochemical and molecular biology techniques (gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, nucleic acid extractions).
- Familiarity with LC-MS method for biological product characterization.
- Knowledge of gene therapy, protein and nucleic acid biochemistry.
- Proficient in standard computer skills, familiarity with data analysis and Statistical analysis software.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.