Manager, Global Finance Audit
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie’s Internal Audit (IA) function plays a valuable role in protecting and enhancing the organization’s value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insights. The function is guided by a disciplined, collaborative approach that is aligned with AbbVie’s strategy and the IIA standards with a focus on constant innovation and talent development.
Reporting to the Finance Audit Director, the Finance Audit Manager will have responsibility for planning, executing and reporting on assigned internal audits and 3rd party audits as well as developing and implementing key improvements to department processes. Finance Audit assignments may be performed anywhere in the world AbbVie operates. The Finance Audit Manager will also work as part of the department’s overall management team to perform and maintain an annual risk assessment which forms the basis of our annual audit plan. Other responsibilities include aiding the Director in developing talent strategies and effectively managing direct reports and audit teams.
Given the extent of the department’s interactions with the business and other functions, excellent communication and relationship building skills are required together with the ability to deal with ambiguity and exercise critical thinking to effectively influence senior business management and peers while acting as a catalyst for positive change. Strong people management skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Audit Planning, Execution & Reporting (~70%)
- In collaboration with the rest of the IA management team, assist the Directors in the development and execution of a comprehensive risk-based global internal audit program through proactive involvement and research of industry and profession best practices.
- Directly manage and perform multiple Financial internal audits simultaneously with the objective of assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, compliance with corporate policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principals.
- Provide management with valuable recommendations and insights to strengthen the control environment.
- Manage internal projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and independence in the execution of duties.
- Other (~30%)
- Coach and mentor audit staff.
- Proactively liaise with various business and corporate functions management providing counsel and input on risk and control issues facing their functions.
- Manage and perform key departmental process improvement initiatives including internal quality assurance; assist with audit issue trend analysis and reporting.
- Manage and perform special projects including providing controls consulting expertise to the business.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Leadership presentations, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Level of Education: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Area of Study: Finance, Accounting and/or Business Administration
- Years of Experience: 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Level of Education: MS and/or MBA
- Area of Study: Finance and/or Accounting
- Certifications: CIA, CPA and/or CFE
- Public accounting or internal audit experience
- Previous managerial experience
- Progressive Financial/Accounting experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.