Tax Associate Director, Domestic Tax Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This position is a key contributor and leader in the Corporate Tax organization, responsible for domestic tax compliance, tax accounting (ASC 740), tax planning and tax examinations. This highly visible position has exposure to other tax functions within the Corporate Tax and Finance departments. Tremendous learning opportunities are available for a candidate who is proactive, independent, and agile.
- Prepare and review U.S. federal income tax returns (e.g., Form 1120) and supporting workpapers.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual income tax accounting under ASC 740 including current and deferred taxes, uncertain tax positions and effective tax rate as well as SOX documentation and compliance.
- Responsible for assisting in the integration of acquired business units/groups as well as gaining an understanding of the key tax adjustments and risks
- Assist in the implementation of tax technology solutions to automate and reduce risk in the quarterly and annual compliance and provision processes
- Research and analyze complex tax issues and transactions, assessing the income tax and accounting impact and communicate findings to senior management.
- Timely monitoring of domestic income tax legislation and regulatory changes and assessing the impact on the Company.
- Effectively communicate with senior management, outside auditors, advisors and other key stakeholders on domestic tax issues.
- Identify and effectively implement process improvements and efficiencies.
Lead, train and develop staff and effectively partner with other Corporate Tax department teams and business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Tax required
- 5+ years of tax experience in a Big Four accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company
- 8+ years related experience
- CPA and/or MST a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.