Senior Tax Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Analyst, Domestic Tax Operations will support all aspects of the Domestic Tax Operations team at AbbVie, including tax compliance, quarterly tax provisions and other special projects. This key position will work in a fast-paced tax department which values motivated team members who successfully navigate multiple priorities. The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with other members of the Corporate Tax Department and will have opportunities to assist with various tax projects and develop tax knowledge in order to prepare for complex issues within the constantly changing tax landscape.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the preparation, review and filing of the income tax returns, including preparing tax packages and identifying transactions that have tax ramifications
- Assist in the preparation of the tax provision, analysis of tax accounts and reserves, and Sarbanes – Oxley compliance. This includes a working knowledge of ASC 740, relevant FASB pronouncements, and internal controls
- Must have the ability to research complex tax issues, and be proficient in interpreting and applying the tax law, regulations, and case law to specific transactions and factual situations
- Assist in maintaining the tax calendar charting all tax filings and due dates to minimize interest and penalties as a result of late filings
- Prepare and review assigned portions of the consolidated tax return filings as directed by leadership
- Calculate and review estimated tax payments and extension as directed by leadership
- Assist with responding to IRS/State audit information requests
- Assist with key domestic tax projects as needed
- Assist with tax process improvement initiatives and tax technology implementations
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Business
- CPA certification preferred
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility in a publicly-traded corporation or public accounting firm
- Broad understanding of U.S. corporate tax law with an emphasis in domestic corporate tax.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft applications, financial accounting systems, and tax compliance programs (eg. CorpTax)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.