Manager, Digital Workplace Experience
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Digital Workplace Experience Manager within the Collaboration & Conferencing team, will be responsible for strategic and operational aspects of managing the employee experience with AbbVie’s Digital Workplace: Work. Share. Anywhere. The goal is to increase employee engagement and productivity using state-of-the-art, enterprise collaboration and communication tools.
Proficient in Office 365 and Digital Workplace Technologies, drives functional performance by enabling and accelerating use of new or improved user productivity technology. Acts at group, department, and cross‐functional levels.
Responsible for developing strategy for adoption of AbbVie’s Collaboration & Conferencing platform, aligning it with Enterprise Architecture and other user productivity areas. Must have technical knowledge and real-world, timely experience with business cases adopting O365, Unified Communications, Social media, and Mobility platforms and how to best utilize these technologies to meet business needs.
Partnering closely with Corporate Responsibility, Brand and Communications (CRBC) and Human Resources (HR) Communications, this role is in place to help continually evolve AbbVie’s communication strategy, leveraging the latest technology solutions to enable Internal Communications to reach AbbVie employees throughout the world.
This individual will be the point of contact for changing the way AbbVie securely communicates and collaborates and all items related to the Digital Workplace portfolio system strategy.
- Manages, facilitates and creates business requirements / user stories, organize and facilitate prototype reviews and support basic training delivery
- Works with BTS teams to estimate, implement, and build the right features / enhancements / break fixes & thoughtful, end-to-end solutions
- Provides internal marketing support to build awareness and understanding through different mediums such as metrics-based decision making & analytics tools
- Works with the BTS leadership team to proactively suggest, define, and drive organizational and operational initiatives around AbbVie’s Digital Workplace
- Runs global Digital Workplace Champion Network Meetings and events to collect feedback on use cases; what’s working and what needs more support or direction
- Leverages existing AbbVie networks such as AbbVie Way Ambassadors, Enterprise Communications Quarterly meetings, Admin groups, and smaller functional culture groups
- Works closely with key BTS enterprise teams to assess existing tools and technologies in the Digital Workplace environment including consideration of mobile experiences
- Works closely with AbbVie Internal Marketing, Business Services Group and Internal Ad Agency to ensure alignment with AbbVie Brand Standards
- Monitors existing trends that could influence changes to intranet, digital signage, mobile applications or other new communication or collaboration technologies or functionality being requested and bring them forward to advance AbbVie
- Assist with converting the existing functional portals into a dynamic, collaborative intranet that provides easier access to information and tools that help people do their jobs, while eliminating redundancies existing with functional portals
- Help employees utilize new social collaboration tools that will improve efficiencies
- Collaborate with stakeholders to obtain Voice of the Customer data to capture service needs
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Position requires 5-10 years of experience in a professional communications position
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Technical Proficiency Problem Solving/Analysis
- Executive presence and comfort interacting with individuals at all levels
- Detail oriented, confident, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Conflict management skills with ability to work under pressure, while acting in a calm manner
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required
- Passion for building communities and connecting individuals
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional skills in customer service
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Strong communications, project management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of the AbbVie culture
- Ability to respond efficiently and effectively in a continuously changing environment
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.