AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a strong partner to the Executive Director of Professional Relations, the Sr. Administrative Assistant conducts, coordinates and monitors a wide range of administrative activities for Professional Relations and Strategic Communications as part of the US Allergan Aesthetics Sales and Marketing organization. They will act independently to resolve administrative issues, be proactive in identifying future issues and offering solutions to complex administrative and logistical problems, complete tasks quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of accuracy, maintain a broad knowledge of the business needs and operations, and drive efficient and effective interfaces with key corporate and business unit management along with external customers. Additionally, the Sr. Administrative Assistant will build bridges with administrative assistants across the organization, assist with budgets, travel, maintain updated organizational charts and coordinate events, including onsite and any off-site meetings.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Provides direct administrative assistance to Executive Director, Professional Relations – Allergan Aesthetics
- Provides direct administrative assistance to Director, Strategic Communications – Allergan Aesthetics
- Provides administrative support to Executive Directors direct reports as well as Strategic Communications partners, as needed (e.g., coordinating calendars, assistance with expenses, printing, and preparing logistics for any meeting needs)
- Exercises discretion while performing a wide variety of advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Manages the confidential and sensitive nature of communications associated with Sales and Marketing activities
- Coordinates document management, including coordinating receipt, delivery and filing of correspondence and documentation
- Tracks and processes expenses
- Manages calendar to determine scheduling priorities, books appointments and meetings
- Ensures Executive Director is prepared for all meetings; for example, ensures correct meeting location and directions and ensures Executive Director has materials for meeting.
- Performs travel administration for the Executive Director and direct reports including completion of travel authorizations, first-line support for travel problems, and expense reconciliation
- Drafts memos, documents and various reports requiring an understanding of the business and knowledge of the methods, procedures, policies at Allergan Aesthetics; may also proofread and edit documents and communications on behalf of Executive Director
- Answers questions and resolves inquiries on behalf of leaders
- May monitor budgetary spending by verifying charges against budget and reconciling accounts on a monthly basis, or as needed
- Maintains latest versions of team headcount, organizational structure, and team bios
- Assists Executive Director and team with onsite and offsite event coordination, in partnership with Strategic Communications team (e.g., identifying location, accommodations, working with any vendors, arranging for meals, checking am/pm meal delivery, room set up, and material distribution)
- Other projects as assigned by the Executive Director including data collation and analysis
Professional Relations Society Meeting Management
- Plan group events and/or evening activities for all Professional Relations team meetings
- Maintain the master Society Meeting Calendar and Executive participation activities
- Keep Master list current and provide Executive Summary for all planned activities
- Support other logistical needs surrounding conferences including shipment of required materials
Customer Conference Calls
- Manage and maintain a Webex account to use for national calls. Set up and facilitate the national calls/WebEx programs.
- Create a Webex process that defines the best practices with standardized requirements, process and protocol.
- Back-Up support for feedback surveys through Survey Monkey for national calls/engagements
- At least 6 years of increasingly responsible administrative and secretarial experience with minimum three years’ experience supporting an executive.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, graphic presentation, spread sheet and computer software related to specific tasks required.
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with new technologies (e.g., iPhone, WebEx, Skype for Business, video conferencing, etc.)
- High school degree required
- College degree preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.