Scientist I/Postdoc, Mammalian Cell Culture and Purification [JC-1349]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
We are rapidly growing and seeking a talented individual to join our Process Development team as a full-time Scientist I/Postdoc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mammalian cell culture and continuous harvesting process
- Performing various scale of protein production and purification
- Supporting small to large scale cell culture media preparation work
- Process optimization using Novaflex analyzer, cell counters and other analytical equipment
- Successful execution of experiments requiring various small scale bioreactors
- Maintain equipment and instruments following established procedures
- Data recording and assisting with data analysis
- Generate data for use in reports
- Follow SOP and record and report deviations
- Document experimental work in physical and/or digital laboratory notebooks and batch records
- Maintain detailed lab records and perform electronic data entry using proprietary software
- B.S., M.S. in biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field (salary will depend on education and experience)
- B.S with 3+ years or Master with 1+ year experience on mammalian cell culture and bioreactor operation preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to manage work independently while working effectively in a team
- Strong ability to interact constructively with a diverse client base
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing projects
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
*5/18/21 - updated title. Original posting title was Associate Scientist/ Scientist, Process Development Manufacturing