Lab Assistant, BioExpression [JC-1470]
LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
The BioExpression Team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our highly collaborative DNA Cloning Group as a Lab Assistant or Associate Scientist. In this role, you will provide scientific and technical contributions in a face-paced environment. The candidate must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks to meet timelines, and be able to work both individually as well as in a team setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Follow SOPs to perform molecular biology techniques in a high-throughput scale
· Analyze sequences to quality control final products
· Troubleshoot cloning issues with limited guidance
· Communicate project updates and technical reports to cross function teams
· Contribute to SOPs and technical reports
· Document experimental work in physical and/or digital laboratory notebooks and batch records
· Maintain laboratory instruments and inventory of supplies
· Provide general lab supportRequirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related fields (with 1+ years of industry experience preferred)
· Experience performing various molecular biology techniques and sequence analysis software
· Experience running PCRs, agarose gel electrophoresis, and DNA purification kits
· Knowledge of E. coli and other bacterial strains a plus
· Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task, and remain flexible with changing needs
· Highly organized with strong documentation habits required
· Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
· Able to work effectively in cross functional teams to solve molecular cloning problems
· Strong ability to manage work with minimal supervision
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.