GMP Oligo Staff Scientist
The GMP Oligonucleotide Chemist will provide technical leadership on the production and purification of oligonucleotides in a dynamic, fast-paced GMP manufacturing environment. Foremost, this position requires deep knowledge of oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, and characterization. The chemist will work cross-functionally with several teams, such as Research to investigate new technologies, Development for process transfer, and Quality as a customer-facing chemistry expert.
What You'll Do:
- Technical expert on the synthesis and analysis of oligomers
- Set guidance for new product and custom order feasibility, especially for GMP therapeutics
- Interface with external customers as the domain chemistry advocate to answer customer questions and concerns
- Technical lead for investigational new drug (IND) submissions and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) investigations
- Review in-line and end-of-line analytical results.
- Help set product specifications and lead development of new analytical techniques.
- Work with Development on new instrument and process qualifications as well as production scale up
- Ph.D. in synthetic chemistry or related field. Open to process engineers with similar backgrounds.
- 10+ years of chemistry synthesis, process development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Expert in the synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides
- Demonstrated track record in leading chemistry teams and external collaborations in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, especially GMP
- Excellent knowledge of analytical instrumentations and results, especially HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Strong, clear, succinct communication skills along with the eagerness to represent Synthego to external customers
Nice to Have:
- Track record for leading successful GMP therapeutic projects, especially with large biomolecules
- Demonstrated ability in leading drug substance and product production campaigns
- Author of investigational new drug (IND) submissions
- Extensive work supporting Quality teams
- Industrial start-up experience
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Free catered lunches and dinners with fully stocked kitchen & snacks
- Onsite Gym
- Daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.