Associate Director/Director, Total Rewards
Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Astex”) is committed to the fight against cancer. Astex is developing a proprietary pipeline of novel therapies for the treatment of solid tumors and hematological malignancies and has several products being developed in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical companies. Astex is a member of the Otsuka group of pharmaceutical companies. which also includes Taiho Pharmaceutical and Taiho Oncology. We are looking for an experienced and motivated professional interested in applying their unique skills to our shared mission. This position will be based in our office located in Pleasanton, California in the Rosewood Commons campus near the Dublin-Pleasanton BART station.
The Associate Director/Director, Total Rewards will be responsible for managing compensation, benefits, and the company’s HRIS system (Workday). This individual will utilize their existing expertise and develop further into managing other areas of HR and grow their established HR career more broadly. This is an onsite position in Pleasanton reporting to the VP, Human Resources.
- Own and ensure integrity of data during and after Workday implementation, as our system of record
- Represent Astex as a member of the cross-affiliate Welfare Advisory Group (WAG)
- Assign salary ranges, grades, Radford and Mercer codes, and bonus targets to new positions utilizing MarketPay
- Research and recommend unique compensation strategies for our privately held company, that align with culture and ensure market competitiveness
- Work with managers to create consistent job ladders within and between functional areas
- Work closely with internal heads of functions and Talent Acquisition to determine compensation packages for new hires, promotions, transfers, etc.
- Utilize Workday to produce annual benefits statements to market the value of our total rewards program to each employee
- Manage the annual 401(k) audit
- Learn and contribute to upgrades of our Performance Review process, Open Enrollment, and additional HR initiatives
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10 years’ human resources compensation and benefits experience
- Workday HRIS experience required
- Biopharmaceutical industry experience highly desirable
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence others with examples and data
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to deliver quality work on time
- Desire to learn and grow career
- Proven discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality