Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Organovo Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company that is developing and utilizing highly customized 3D human tissues as dynamic models of healthy and diseased human biology for drug development.
We use proprietary technology to build functional 3D human tissues that mimic key aspects of native human tissue composition, architecture, function and disease. Our advances include cell type-specific compartments, prevalent intercellular tight junctions, and the formation of microvascular structures. We believe these attributes can enable critical complex, multicellular disease models that we will use to develop clinically effective drugs for selected therapeutic areas.
Organovo is focused on the utilization of high fidelity, human 3D cell models for target identification, validation and drug discovery across a range of therapeutic areas. We are seeking a skilled Research Associate to assist with cell assay development and interrogation of disease biology to support target identification and drug discovery. The successful candidate will play a key role in the ongoing development of Organovo’s scientific technology platform.
- Assist in the development and optimization of 3D primary cell-based assays
- Conduct critical biomarker and proliferation assays (ELISA, qPCR)
- Maintain detailed experimental records via ELN entries
- Present and explain data results and conclusions at team meetings
- Interact with CROs to assist with oversight of external studies
- Prepare and solubilize compounds for testing
- Develop or apply expertise in primary cell culture, bioprinting, and spheroid culture
- BA/BS in biological sciences
- 2+ years of cell biology experience, biotech/pharma industry experience preferred
- Cell culture experience required, experience with primary cells, co-culture systems and/or 3D cell culture models preferred
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of gene and protein expression techniques desired (ELISA/MSD, qRT-PCR, NGS, IHC)
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays and automation is a plus
- Ability to independently execute experiments and perform data analysis (excel, prism etc.)
- Strong organizational and documenting skills with keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Creativity and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones