Scientist (In vivo Electrophysiology)
GABAeron, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of therapies using stem cells and small molecules to treat neurological diseases. GABAeron takes a novel approach that combines precision medicine (using genetic information for patient stratification) with regenerative medicine (using human iPSC-derived cell products for therapy) and pharmacological intervention (small molecules). The therapeutic programs of GABAeron are specifically designed to replace or protect some of the most vulnerable brain cell populations to restore and preserve brain functions with human iPSC-derived cell products and small molecules in patients with genetically defined neurological diseases.
We are seeking an outstanding scientist with in-depth knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases and a strong expertise in in vivo electrophysiology with rodent models. The selected candidate will employ in vivo electrophysiologic assays to characterize mouse hippocampal network events as functional readouts. Being a vital part of the research team, this person will be responsible for designing and running rigorous, consistent, and well-documented studies, organizing and analyzing the data, and presenting the data to research groups and management.
- PhD in neuroscience, biology, biomedical engineering or a related field
- Experience with in vivo electrophysiologic studies using high-density electrodes in rodent models
- Highly motivated scientist with a proven track record of accomplishments
- Experience in stereotaxic surgery, electrode implantation with rodent models
- Hands-on experience in animal handling and dosing (IP, SC, PO, etc.)
- Programming skills (MATLAB, Python) and ability in data analysis and visualization
- Familiar with software for data management, statistical analysis
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment