Associate Director / Director, Advanced Analytics
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
The Associate Director / Director, Advanced Analytics, will lead the Advanced Analytics function within Commercial Analytics and Insights by providing business insights and holistic solutions to inform strategy and improve execution efficiency across the Myovant franchises through innovative advanced analytics approaches.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Commercial Analytics and Insights and will be responsible for developing, leading, and executing projects leveraging data analytics and innovative advanced analytical approaches to inform the business. The position will play an important role in defining and evolving this new function. Specifically, this position will be accountable for insights-driven performance reporting (such as Return of Investment on promotional spending) using advanced analytics to address business critical questions to provide recommendations that are aligned with strategic imperatives including: predictive modeling, marketing mix resource allocation, and daily ad-hoc insights for cross-functional business stakeholders and partners. The position will explore and investigate emerging analytical techniques and assess the opportunity to apply inform the business. The position will work collaboratively with internal functional partners and external business partners to ensure alignment with analytical project objectives and approach.
This individual will partner and collaborate with many functions, including: Marketing, Sales, Strategy, NPP, Market Access, HEOR, Sales Operation, and Finance.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage detailed, comprehensive secondary market data analyses and reporting projects for a holistic cross-functional point of view to address specified ad hoc cross-brand and/or cross-functional business questions that enhance the capabilities and effectiveness of Marketing, Strategy and Sales teams with data driven insights
- Develop performance reporting and provide ad hoc, deep dive analysis in secondary analytics as required to uncover and understand market and competitive dynamics to identify opportunities and risks in a timely manner
- Perform ROI/impact analysis and marketing mix optimization to help the business franchise to efficiently allocate resource to maximize brand potential; recommend brand the best way to optimize their overall promotional budget (media, commercial and consumer promotional activities) for maximum return using MMX results
- In partnership with CA&I counterparts, leads performance updates and quarterly business reviews for Oncology and WH portfolios to provide recommendations on effective strategies and tactics, using KPIs and other lead sales performance indicators as appropriate
- Represents CA&I in discussions with senior executives in support of strategic business planning activities (e.g. new marketing campaigns, segmentation / targeting exercises, field sizing / model changes, etc.)
- Is an advisor in partnership with Sales Operations for the commercial organization for analyzing secondary data to deliver clear, accurate actionable insights; Brings a consultative approach to working with stakeholders; works closely with a cross-functional team to analyze data and synthesize insights answering a wide range of strategic and tactical commercial questions related to new product launches and in line brands; creates value by adding own and synthesizing groups insights into actionable reports with insights from the results, the why of the visual information
- Becomes a trusted resource within the franchises for brand and launch strategy analytics and insights, gaining greater exposure as the business units grow
- Working collaboratively with Sales Operations, aligns data resources for both strategic and operational use in a cost-effective and compliant way
- Leverages skills in data analytics to build insightful, creative and continuously improving deliverables; develops new capabilities to build analyses and models that use best practices and industry knowledge; creates and deploys tools and resources to continuously improve our understanding of the market and to drive business goals
- Plans and allocates resources and budget effectively by managing consultants and/or staff and accomplish the work to meet functional accountabilities
Desired Background and Experience:
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking
- Data knowledge - solid understanding of industry data sources at patient, payer, and physician level (e.g., claims data, script data etc.). Knowledge of media data (Neilson), social media and click data is a plus.
- Analytical expertise - Demonstrated ability to apply healthcare data to statistical models for detailed national and sub-national analysis with ability to analyze relevant data sources and understand how to use the information to drive projects that will impact the business environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively and align with business goals. Prior experience of predictive modeling using linear and non-linear mathematical functions
- Commitment to quality - consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience; delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects; Demonstrated ability to build alliance cross-functionally and the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Management ability - ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing; experience with people development / management preferred
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for stakeholders
- Project management - ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Innovative - maintains awareness of evolving analytical techniques, software and data sources to bring innovative approaches into the organization that drives higher quality results; formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment; consultative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow'
- Bachelor's degree is required; Advanced degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields preferred
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in brand performance analytics, physician behavioral segmentation, marketing mix optimization, promotion response modeling, targeting and sales force sizing and structure, and test/control analysis ROI analysis required
- Has demonstrated the use of advanced analytical techniques, including predictive modeling and experience leveraging a diverse set of data.
- Demonstrated ability to manage external vendor/resources to deliver results
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint required, technical ability to program in SQL to analyze industry data, run statistical models in SAS, Python etc. preferred
- Strong command of a variety of analytical techniques, experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve challenging business problems with effective solutions
- Experience and knowledge in coding techniques and BI tools with complete understanding and application of quantitative principles, concepts, practices, and standards surrounding the use and manipulation of secondary market data sources
- Extensive knowledge of therapeutic markets, and industry best practices
- Familiar with patient journey, line of therapy and source of business analytics; extensive experience working with data (e.g. patient level claims, sales data, etc.)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity