Software Engineer, Lab Metadata and Processes
Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years experience developing software in industry, or in academia with strong code quality standards. Python experience preferred. (No degree or major requirement.)
- Experience with lab data management workflows and best practices, including familiarity with ELN and LIMS systems.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other software engineers, members of other functional teams such biology and chemistry, and external IT contractors.
- Commitment to building an inclusive team culture that supports and values contributions from all members, regardless of race, gender, background, etc.
- Curiosity to learn about new areas of science and biotechnology, whether or not you already have a background in this area.
- Work on a small but growing team, building infrastructure to support a biotech company developing a groundbreaking drug discovery platform.
- Collaborate with Biologists, chemists and others to design data management and automation software that integrates our lab data systems with our Machine Learning platform.
- Develop and maintain the scripts, servers and other software tools that allow and encourage users to maintain high-quality lab metadata by streamlining and improving their existing workflows.
- Work with members of our scientists and software engineers within Cellarity to define project requirements.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain production-quality code with appropriate unit and integration tests..
- Write and maintain documentation of design decisions and code.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.