Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Cellular Biology-Hematology
Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associates/Sr. Research Associates with expertise in cellular biology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. You will be responsible for developing disease models using primary human hematopoietic cells to identify novel therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Cellarity team to rapidly advance the scientific program. You should be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in tissue culture with primary cells
- Experience with human hematopoietic cells (CD34+, PBMCs)
- Proficiency with flow cytometry including designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry panels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology or related field, and minimum 2 years of relevant experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and conduct cell-based assays to model disease and test data-driven hypotheses.
- Generate datasets key for hypothesis generation
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to execute and analyze experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
This position will be offered to the appropriate candidate, commensurate to years of experience.
Learn more about Cellarity at https://cellarity.com/Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.