Intern, Competitive Intelligence
Position Title: Intern, Competitive Intelligence
Position Level: Intern
Reports to: Director, Business Development
Century Therapeutics is developing novel allogeneic living cell products for oncology that overcome the limitations of current cell therapies. Century’s genetically-engineered, universal iPSC-derived immune effector cell products are designed to specifically target hematologic and solid tumor cancers. Our commitment to developing off-the-shelf cell therapies will expand patient access and provide an unparalleled opportunity to advance the course of cancer care.
Century’s foundational technology is built on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that have unlimited self-renewing capacity. This enables complex cellular engineering to produce controlled cell banks of modified cells that can be expanded and differentiated into desired immune effector cells, which can supply vast amounts of allogeneic, homogeneous therapeutic products. This platform differentiates Century from other approaches that utilize non-renewable donor-derived cells.
Reporting to Director, Business Development, the Intern for Competitive Intelligence will support the Corporate Development team in monitoring and tracking the competitive landscape, and supporting strategic planning activities. S/he will lead a project from start to finish that includes identifying a project strategy, executing a plan, gathering and analyzing data, and making a recommendation for Century’s business strategies.
- Collect primary and secondary market and competitor intelligence
- Analyze data, summarize insights, assess impact, and provide recommendations to enable strategic decision-making
- Collaborate with Research, Development, and CMC teams on competitive intelligence workstreams
- Support internal competitive intelligence communications such as regular newsletters and presentations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences, biomedical engineering, chemistry, pharmacy, or in an equivalent scientific field
- Currently pursuing a PhD in life sciences or another technical field, PharmD, or an MBA
- Analytical or research background
- Proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, ability to collaborate and work independently