Product Manager: Technical Documentation Lead
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will help manage technical documentation for the world’s leading tech-enabled drug discovery platform. You will work with team members across the company to grow Recursion’s technical documentation best practices. In particular, you will:
- Design, implement and uphold a cohesive technical documentation strategy across the teams that build the company’s technical and scientific infrastructure.
- Coordinate across more than a dozen cross-disciplinary groups of data scientists, machine learning scientists, software engineers, system biologists and automation engineers.
- Shape content for a subset of high impact technical writing initiatives, including for technical blogs or peer review articles.
The Team You’ll Join
Recursion’s Product team translates company-level strategy into specific internal development initiatives and capabilities. We work with technical and scientific teams across the organization. Join us to guide the development of the industry’s first truly industrialized drug discovery engine.
The Experience You’ll Need
- 5+ years of industry experience in technical writing and documentation for technical and scientific audiences, across diverse areas of software engineering and/or data science.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field with hands on coding experience. Some additional experience or interest in biology or drug discovery is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical projects involving writing and/or documentation such as technical/scientific blogs and open-source project contributions preferred
- Experience in project management or similar practice including strategy, planning, prioritizing, implementation, coordination, delivery, and feedback gathering for complex team efforts
- Lifelong learner with a creative, collaborative approach
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science, and engineering, with the goal of radically improving the lives of patients and industrializing drug discovery. Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.