Temporary Research Associate II/III
Manager: Associate Scientist
Department: Technical Operations - Vector Production and Development
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a talented temporary development associate work in our Vector Production and Development Group. Tasks would include viral vector production using mammalian tissue culture cells and vector purification by ultracentrifugation or column chromatography. Maintenance of our production and inventory database is also required. Analysis of the viral vectors by qPCR and gels may also be performed. The position requires adaptability, excellent planning and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.
- Maintenance of tissue culture cell lines
- Transfection or infection of cell lines to produce adeno-associated virus (AAV)
- Purification of viral vectors by ultracentrifugation or column chromatography
- Preparation of media and buffers
- Analysis of viral vectors by molecular techniques
- Database entry and maintenance of Excel and Access databases
- Willingness to work evening and/or weekend schedules
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. or higher in biology, virology, biochemistry, process engineering or related field
- 1- 3+ years of experience in an academic research laboratory or biotechnology company
- Hands on expertise in mammalian tissue culture
- Experience with viral production and purification preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain databases in Excel and Access
- Ability to prepare and follow SOPs
- Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Experience in molecular biology and protein analysis
- Experience with column chromatography
- Familiarity with QA/QC procedures
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.